If you love kale chips, then these Deliciously cheesy & crunchy Vegan Cheese and Onion Kale Chips are for you!
Definitely kale’ing it with these delicious vegan cheese and onion kale chips – and yes: pun intended! 😛
I’ve always wondered how people can sarcastically use kale as that ‘healthy thing everyone should eat, but nobody likes’ – cause I genuinely love this green goodness food! Whether it’s a kale caesar salad or kale chips, I’m definitely obsessed and these vegan cheese and onion kale chips are one of my favourite ways to enjoy kale.
These vegan cheese & onion kale chips are seriously easy to make – so there’s no excuses! No fancy equipment needed and you can easily get all the ingredients from a well-stocked supermarket (or order them online!). Personally I use my Ninja Grill to make these kale chips as it has a dehydrator function and keeps my oven free for other types of cooking at the same time. There’s definitely no need for a dehydrator though, if you want to enjoy these kale chips.
How to oven bake these vegan cheese & onion kale chips
Before I used a dehydrator, I often used my oven to make kale chips and it worked just as well!
Here’s how you can make these in your oven:
- Keep the oven at a low heat, I usually use 70-80C. It doesn’t make then raw chips (below 42C), but it speeds up the cooking process as I don’t like to wait 4 hours for my kale chips 😉
- Make sure the kale chips are placed on a greased baking tray in a single layer.
- During the cooking process, keep the oven door open for a few centimetres. Best stick a wooden spoon into the door to keep it slightly open. This will ensure that the moisture from the kale can evaporate and the kale chips will become nice and crunchy.
- Keep a close eye on the kale chips as they can very easily burn and ensure to flip them regularly during the baking process.
This recipe is:
- full of plant power
- naturally gluten-free
- extra cheesy
- perfectly crunchy
- filling that snack-y craving!
These delicious vegan kale crisps are my absolute go-to when it comes to healthy, vegan snacks! So easy to prepare and all you need is an oven!
- Preheat your oven to 80C.
- Wash and de-stem your fresh kale, then rip it into bite size chunks with your hands and place it into a large bowl.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil onto the kale, followed by the nutritional yeast flakes, onion powder and a sprinkle of salt.
- Mix using a large spoon or your hands to ensure the kale is evenly coated.
- Place the kale on a lined baking tray in a single layer and place it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes to begin with. Leave the oven door slightly open – best use a wooden spoon to keep the door a few centimetres open. Check back regularly to ensure it evenly crisps up and does not burn (this will happen quicker than you think!). After 15-20 minutes turn the kale chips, so they can evenly crisp up.
- Enjoy right away or keep in an airtight container to keep them crunchy!
Keywords: kale, vegan cheese and onion kale chips, kale chips, kale crisps, cheese & onion kale chips, cheese & onion kale crisps. vegan snacks, savoury snacks
Are you looking for more vegan finger foods?