Festive Vegan Lentil Wellington – the perfect delicious addition to the dinner table this Christmas!
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 yellow onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp Mr Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tin Mr Organic Organic Lentils, drained
- a handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 dried apricots, finely chopped
- a handful of dried cranberries
- 2 rolls puff pastry sheets
- a splash of almond milk (to brush)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add squash and onion to an oven proof dish alongside olive oil, salt & pepper and roast in the oven at 190C for about 20 minutes. Add the pine nuts and pumpkin seeds to the oven for the last 3 minutes of the roasting process.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a large bowl, add in the squash and onions and set aside to cool down completely (important!)
- Unroll a puff pastry sheet and place your filling onto the sheet in log shape. Place the second, unrolled pastry sheet on the top and gently press it onto the filling. Take a pizza cutter or a knife to carefully cut out your Wellington, leaving about 1-2 cm on the outer edges. Use a fork or your fingers to pinch the edges together. With the leftover pastry, create any decorations for the top of your Wellington.
- Brush the log with a little almond milk, then place in the oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes or until your pastry is golden.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve with vegan gravy, roast potatoes & Co.
Keywords: vegan, vegan wellington, vegan Christmas roast, vegan roast, lentil wellington, vegan lentil wellington