Deliciously goo-ey vegan chocolate swirl brownies – indulgent and full of chocolatey goodness with this simple recipe. Using real chocolate, aquafaba & vegan cream cheese for tasty swirls.
- 100g plain flour
- 30g raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped
- 110g vegan butter
- 5 Tbsp Aquafaba
- 100ml maple syrup
- 60ml coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the swirl
- 110g vegan cream cheese (I used NUSH)
- 50ml maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Aquafaba
- Preheat your oven to 180C and spray a 15x15cm brownie tin lightly with cooking spray before lining it with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Melt the vegan butter in a medium size sauce pan over medium-low heat, add in the dark chocolate and gently stir until both butter and chocolate are melted and combined.
- Prepare your Aquafaba and combine it with the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract and pour in the butter/chocolate mix.
- Slowly add the dry mix into the wet ingredients and gently stir to combine. Pour the batter into the brownie tin.
- Prepare the cream cheese topping by combining the ingredients with an electric mixer, then gently add the cream cheese mix onto the brownie batter with a spoon. Using a knife, create the swirls on top of the brownies.
- Place the tin into the oven for 35-40 minutes or until baked.
Keywords: vegan brownies, chocolate swirl brownies, vegan chocolate swirl brownies, swirl brownies, chocolate swirl