Delicious & simple hummus pasta salad – vegan, high in protein and the perfect addition to your vegan lunch box as it does not need to be re-heated.
- 50g Edamame Bean Pasta (I used Explore Cuisine Edamame Fettuccine)
- a handful of rocket salad
- 2 Tbsp hummus, homemade or store bought
- salt, pepper to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Rinse the pasta under cold water and let it drain for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pasta to a large mixing bowl, then add in the hummus and rocket salad and combine.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper and keep in the fridge over night or serve right away.
This dish is high in protein as I’ve used Edamame Bean Fettuccine – but if you don’t have this type of pasta to hand, you can also swap it out for any other type. Just bear in mind that the nutritional value of the dish will be different.
If you like to add even more vegan protein to this simple hummus pasta salad, edamame beans, tofu or tempeh would make the perfect combination.
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 4.22
- Sodium: 577
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1.07
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.4
- Carbohydrates: 23.8
- Fiber: 17.02
- Protein: 25.1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: hummus pasta, vegan protein, vegan high protein meals, vegan hummus pasta