This simple vegan chocolate date porridge is the perfect treat for breakfast on those cold autumn mornings – sweetened with homemade date puree it’s perfectly indulgent, whilst being refined sugar free.
- 25g porridge oats
- 30g Vegan Protein Blend Chocolate (I use MyVegan*)
- 15g homemade date paste
- 3g raw cacao powder
- 150ml unsweetened soy milk
- 11g ground flaxseeds
My choice of toppings:
- flaked almonds
- puffed quinoa
- white vegan chocolate
- MyVegan Carb Crusher*
- Add all dry ingredients to a saucepan – porridge oats, protein powder, cacao powder and flaxseeds – and stir to combine.
- Add the saucepan onto the stove above medium heat and pour in the soy milk. Continuously stir to combine.
- Let the porridge cook until it thickens – usually 2-3 minutes – then add the date paste last. Stir again to combine and serve hot with your favourite toppings.
Keywords: porridge, vegan porridge, vegan chocolate porridge, refined sugar free porridge, vegan chocolate date porridge