Whether you’re avoiding nuts or not – this nut free pumpkin seed pesto has just turned out too delicious not to share it with you!
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- Add the pumpkin seeds to a small food processor alongside the nutritional yeast and olive oil and pulse until the pumpkin seeds are roughly broken down.
- Add the garlic, basil, spinach and lemon to the food processor and process until you get a smooth pesto.
- Finish the pesto by mixing in the onion powder, salt and pepper last and either instantly serve the pesto or keep it in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: vegan pesto, nut free pesto, pumpkin seed pesto