- 250g pasta shells
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (I use Mr Organic’s)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
1. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
2. Remove the stones from the avocados, scoop out the flesh and mash well. Stir through the olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Put the washed spinach into a colander. Set 2-3 tablespoons of the pasta water aside and strain the cooked pasta through the colander. This will automatically cook the spinach without overcooking it.
4. Stir the pasta, spinach, reserved pasta water and avocado pasta sauce together in a pan, until the pasta is well coated.
5. Serve sprinkled with the toasted pine nuts and season with salt & pepper to your liking and your pasta with deliciously creamy vegan avocado pasta sauce is ready!
As you may know avocado goes dark when left in the open, so I recommend serving this recipe instantly. Due to the nature of the dish, it is not suitable for lunchboxes I’m afraid. But you can always precook the pasta and mix the sauce ingredients together during lunch – if you have the option on the go or at work.
Keywords: avocado, avocado pasta, pasta dish