Super easy recipe for this gorgeous Chocolate Banana Bread – using only simple ingredients to create this moist & chocolate-y marbled loaf.
- 4 large ripe bananas (can use frozen, check the notes below!)
- 150ml oat milk, or your favourite plant-based milk
- 80ml maple syrup
- 280g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 40g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 160C. Start by gently melting your dark chocolate over a double boiler on low/medium heat.
- In the meantime peel and mash the ripened bananas in a medium size bowl with the back of a fork.
- Pour in the oat milk and the maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly pour in the wet mix of banana-oat-maple and stir with a spatula to combine.
- Divide the batter into 2 medium bowls, and add the melted chocolate to one of them. Stir until the melted chocolate is fully incorporated in the smooth batter.
- Grease a loaf tin with a little coconut oil, then spoon the batter into the tin, alternating between the chocolate and non-chocolate batter. This will give your banana bread a gorgeous pattern.
- Place in the oven at 160C for about 45 minutes, then check your bread. If a toothpick comes out dry, set the loaf tin aside to cool down completely before removing the banana bread (important!). If not, then place the banana bread in the oven for another 12-15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out dry.
If you’re using frozen bananas instead of fresh, ripened bananas, simple add them to a high-speed blender alongside the oat milk and blend until smooth – then proceed with the recipe as usual.
Keywords: banana bread, vegan