For the filling:
- 200g of fresh Spinach
- 400 ml of Rebel Kitchen Whole Mylk
- 1 stock cube
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 75g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
For the breading:
- 120g bread crumbs
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp fine salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 200ml of Rebel Kitchen Whole Mylk
- coconut oil for frying
- Start by peeling the onion and garlic and finely chopping them.
- In a jar, blend 400 ml of Rebel Kitchen Whole Mylk with the stock cube until combined. Set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter in a large pan over medium heat, then sauté the onions in the melted butter until soft and add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach and cook until it’s beginning to wilt.
- Sieve the flour into the pan and stir well. As soon as the flour is combined with the liquids in the plan, gradually add the Mylk/stock mixture. Continue to stir until the Mylk and flour are well combined and no lumps left. Season with salt and pepper and add in the nutritional yeast.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the mix into a heat safe container. Set aside to cool down – ideally in the fridge for a couple of hours. The mix will thicken in this time.
- For the crust, pour roughly 200 ml of Mylk into a bowl. Fill the breadcrumbs into a separate dish, adding the smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Use a teaspoon to portion the cooled down spinach mixture and gently shape into croquettes. Roll them in the breadcrumbs first, then dip into the Mylk and finally roll in the breadcrumbs again.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the croquettes until golden over medium heat. Remove them from the pan and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Set aside to cool slightly and serve with Organic Tomato Ketchup.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Vegan Spinach Croquettes! Have you tried it yet? Make sure to tag me in your creations over on Instagram @romylondonuk
Keywords: Vegan, Vegan Spinach Croquettes, Spinach, Vegan Croquettes, Vegan Cheese