This blog post contains a paid collaboration with Appletiser.
Ladies and Gentlemen… let me tell you: Spring is finally upon us!
And it was about time – don’t you think? Can’t believe how quickly the seasons have changed to be honest – one day we have snow and freezing temperatures and just about 4 weeks later London is blessed with 30C and sunshine. Seems like it went straight into summer!
London has finally gotten the memo though and adjusted back to spring – phew!
Whilst I like summer, spring will forever be my favourite season of the year – all the blossoms, the air filled with excitement, longer days and the first warm rays of sunshine – I can’t imagine anything better than this. Don’t you agree?
To welcome the month of May I am now back with another Appletiser #PerfectPairing recipe Vietnamese Salad Noodle. (Can I get a whoop whoop!?)
As a reminder: in 2018 I am bringing you 1 Appletiser inspired recipe a month. How do you get inspired by a drink, you might ask? Well, let me tell you that all of these recipes are free from added sugar and also contain 1-of-your-5-a-day – just like the tasty Appletiser drinks! Magical, huh?
This month I have also been inspired by the wonderful weather changes and finally wanted to get sunshine back on the plate with a refreshing dish – and this is how the idea for a Vietnamese Noodle Salad came up! And it’s super quick & easy to create!
The dressing for this has actually been inspired by my all-time favourite dish: Peanut Noodles! With just a few little changes I have turned the sauce into a salad dressing – and feel free to also top it all off with some crushed peanuts (I didn’t have any to hand I’m afraid!)
Here’s what you need:Print
- A handful of rice vermicelli (they are very light, so it’s difficult to estimate how many grams I’ve used – simply adjust the amount to your level of hunger)
- 3 Tbsp Edamame Beans (I used frozen ones that I defrosted in the fridge over night)
- 2 carrots, spiralized
- A handful of coriander
- 1/2 courgette
- 1/2 lime
- For the topping:
- Sesame seeds
- Black Sesame seeds
- Crushed peanuts (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp Sugar Free Peanut Butter
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha (optional, I left it out as I’m allergic to chilli)
- 5 Tbsp filtered water
- Start by placing the Rice Vermicelli into a bowl and add hot water until the noodles are completely covered. Set aside and leave to soak until the noodles are softened.
- In the meantime spiralize the carrots and the courgette. Don’t worry if you don’t have a spiralizer at home – you can alternatively cut them into very thing strips or shave them into thin layers using a potato peeler.
- Wash the coriander and place it in a bowl together with the soaked Vermicelli, courgette and carrot. Add the Edamame Beans.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add your toppings to the salad and add 1/2 lime to the corner of the bowl – it’s great to drizzling the lime juice all over right before taking the first bite.
- Drizzle the dressing on the top, add the crushed peanuts (optional) and you’re ready to go!
- Enjoy with a cold, fresh Appletiser on the side!
For presentation reasons you can place all ingredients in the bowl next to each other – and when about to eat Vietnamese Salad Noodle, you simply use a pair of chopsticks to combine everything.
You can of course combine everything upfront – that’s totally up to you!
- Serving Size: 4 serving
- Sodium: 534mg
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 28.7g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 9.3g
Keywords: Vietnamese Salad Noodle, Vietnamese Salad Noodle Bowl,
Excited for the next refined sugar free, 1-of-your-5-a-day recipe? Then keep your eye out: next month is all about beautiful summer inspired dishes!