A delicious alternative to baked beans! These Spanish Baked Beans give your savoury vegan breakfast that special something.
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tins butter beans
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- a handful of spinach
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Start by heating a little olive oil in a pan and add the chopped onion. Fry the onion whilst stirring continuously for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add the crushed garlic, bay leaves and paprika into the pan and fry for another minute.
- Pour in the drained butter beans and chopped tomatoes and gently stir. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes on a low heat, then add the spinach and allow it to wilt. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve with freshly toasted bread & enjoy!
Keywords: savoury vegan breakfast, spanish baked beans, vegan breakfast recipe
Check out my other savoury vegan breakfast options!